The Southern Association of Agricultural Experiment Station Directors (SAAESD), Western Association of Agricultural Experiment Station Directors (WAAESD), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture, Oklahoma State University Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources (OSU), Texas Agricultural Experiment Station (TAES) and Cooperative State Research, Education, and Extension Service (CSREES) are pleased to host a two-day workshop on grant writing. When taken together, participants gain a complete understanding of the grant application and writing process.
The Grantsmanship Workshop focuses on CSREES-USDA funding opportunities, with an emphasis on:
- The National Research Initiative Competitive Grants Program (NRICGP)
- Higher Education
- Multicultural Alliances and International Programs
- Integrated Research, Education and Extension Programs
- Pest Biology and Plant Protection Programs
- Small Business Innovation Research Programs (SBIR)
The Writing Winning Grants Workshop will focus on:
- How to navigate the grant writing process
- How to develop a successful grant submission
- How to participate in the review process, proposal organization, and development of integrated team proposals
- Common errors and what should be avoided.
October 17-18, 2006
The workshop is designed for an audience of faculty researchers, extension specialists, educators and administrators. CSREES staff responsible for the administration of the various programs will make presentations. Because of space limitations, participation will be limited to the first 150 registrations received. Registration is restricted to individuals that are either employed or enrolled at U.S. institutions or are U.S. citizens.