Director's Message - Don't Let the Name Fool You
Many Arkansans know the AAES through one of our Agricultural Experiment Station locations where research is conducted on issues that affect Arkansans and their communities. Our five Research and Extension Centers and eight Research Stations, are crucial to our efforts to help Arkansas farmers and others cope with the dizzying pace of change in technology, products, methods and regulations. We are proud to be represented by each of our Experiment Station locations, but there is a lot more to AAES.
Here are some of our other vital dimensions:
- • Our research programs address the full range of our food and fiber sector from farm to fork and beyond as well as the human dimension.
- • We are partners with the Cooperative Extension Service, which is the other half of the U of A System's Division of Agriculture.
- • Our presence on three university campuses gives us access to laboratories, libraries and faculty colleagues in a variety of scientific disciplines. Most AAES research faculty are also teachers on the campuses where they are based.
- • Our partnerships with state, federal and international agencies, and professional societies connect us to worldwide communities of science and scientists.
- • Our partnerships with state and national agricultural organizations and other industry and community groups help keep us focused on solving real problems on Arkansas farms and in businesses and communities.
- • Our primary mission is helping Arkansas agriculture compete in the global economy. • Our broader mission extends to serving stakeholders in all walks of life by helping to conserve and sustain natural resources; ensure the safety and security of our food and fiber system; improve the health and nutrition of Arkansans; and increase opportunities for families, youth and communities.