County Agent Information
Paperwork for Soil Samples
- Please use the correct CES form. Old forms will not be accepted.
- For multiple forms under the same person, put all address information on the first page and at least the Client ID number on following pages.
- Do not use the same Client ID for more than one person. If they do not have a phone number, you can contact the Laboratory and have a number assigned for them.
- Do NOT make copies of paperwork, when all samples do not fit in the same box. If you separate samples in different shipping cartons mark the cartons 1 of 2 and put paperwork in the first shipping carton.
- All address changes should be marked.
- The Grower's field ID can only be 8 characters, including spaces.
- Acres must be in whole numbers only. Please do not use decimal points or less than symbols.
- There are crop codes for three different recommendations, not three years of recommendations; it creates unnecessary data entry to use the same crop code for all three crop codes.
- For grid samples, or analysis only (any samples that does not have data information on the form) any page that does not have 11 samples, please indicate which samples are not there by drawing an X or T line through that sample.
- Please write the sample number on the top of the FRONT of each sample box and if desired the Field ID on the bottom of the front.
- Do not put tape or write on top of sample boxes.
- Do not put sample numbers on the inside of the sample boxes.
- Do not put sample in plastic bag unless soil is WET.
- When using labels for sample numbers make sure the ink does not rub off.
- Please put sufficient amount of soil in the soil sample boxes. The box should be at least 3/4 full of soil. Here is an example of insufficient amount of soil in boxes.
Packing & Shipping
- Please check sample numbers on boxes against paperwork as you pack them. Please put boxes in shipping carton in the numerical order (as listed) on the CES 435 form.
- Place CES forms in the first shipping carton when there is more than one shipping carton containing samples for the same person. Mark the box that contains the paperwork.
- When there are not enough samples to fill one of our 16 lb. shipping cartons, it is preferred that you fill the empty space with a dummy soil box that is filled with soil or packed with paper, or use large square (4" X 2") bubble wrap. Do not send without filler box or this will happen. Please use shipping cartons not other boxes as they are not sturdy enough when using UPS or USPS.
- When you have more than one shipping carton, please indicate on the outside of the carton that it is 1 of 2, 2 of 2, etc. If you have multiple producers with more than one shipping carton being shipped on the same day, also include the name of the producer (Brown 1 of 2).
Changing Crop Codes
Contacting the Laboratory
When there is a request to re-analyze a sample, please contact Diane Lafex at 870-295-2851 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Order Shipping Cartons
All orders for shipping cartons should be submitted to Raphaela Zamora-Coe by email email@example.com.
For questions about shipping samples, contact Tim House at 870-295-2851 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.